Nurse Preceptor Academy
The Nurse Preceptor Academy is a one-day, intensive training program designed for registered nurses to gain the training necessary to guide new employees, recent graduates and students through the onboarding and competence validation process. The Academy is designed for use by nurses in an acute care setting and can be used in new or established preceptor programs.
The eight content areas cover an overview of the preceptor role include:
- Goal Setting
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Judgement Skills
- Workplace Socialization
- Emotional Intelligence and Self-Awareness
- Conflict Resolution/ Conflict Management
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Human Resource Considerations
- Practical Preceptor Tips/ Tools
"Remembering that all people learn differently and it’s important to know what way that is when I’m precepting and new employee."
"Definitely doing a self-assessment. I am new to the clinical training position, even though I precepted in the clinic for many years. now as the person training this I need to look at myself and know my personality traits so I can adjust to the differences of those I am training."
The copyright-protected material may be used to provide orientations for new and existing preceptors. A one-time licensing fee applies for unlimited use of Academy training materials and includes the following:
- One copy of the Preceptor Academy reference manual (for participants who attend the one-day session)
- One copy of the Preceptor Academy instructor’s guide (for individuals who serve as the presenters during the one-day session)
- A flash drive with all Word and PDF files for reproducing the preceptor reference manual, instructor’s guide, logo, binder covers, preceptor newsletters and evaluation form – printed or on secure web pages
- A password to a secure website to access future updates to Preceptor Academy training materials
- A full set of companion PowerPoint slides that correspond to each content area
|TYPE OF ORGANIZATION
|Critical Access Hospital