Healthcare Preceptor Academy
The Healthcare Preceptor Academy is a one-day, intensive training program designed for allied health clinicians to gain the training necessary to guide new employees, recent graduates and students through the onboarding and competence validation process. The Academy is designed for use by allied health clinicians in an acute care setting and can be used in new or established preceptor programs.
The eight content areas cover an overview of the preceptor role include:
- Goal Setting
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Judgement Skills
- Workplace Socialization
- Emotional Intelligence and Self-Awareness
- Conflict Resolution/ Conflict Management
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Human Resource Considerations
- Practical Preceptor Tips/ Tools
"How to communicate effectively with an individual. Ways to make a new employee welcome, and attitudes to express and refrain from sharing. That as a preceptor we are to teach the objectives."
"To continually assess and ask questions of my orientee and make sure they feel supported and safe."
The copyright-protected material may be used to provide orientations for new and existing preceptors. A one-time licensing fee applies for unlimited use of Academy training materials and includes the following:
- One copy of the Preceptor Academy reference manual (for participants who attend the one-day session)
- One copy of the Preceptor Academy instructor’s guide (for individuals who serve as the presenters during the one-day session)
- A flash drive with all Word and PDF files for reproducing the preceptor reference manual, instructor’s guide, logo, binder covers, preceptor newsletters and evaluation form – printed or on secure web pages
- A password to a secure website to access future updates to Preceptor Academy training materials
- A full set of companion PowerPoint slides that correspond to each content area
|TYPE OF ORGANIZATION
Critical Access Hospital