Clinical Faculty Academy
The Health Alliance of MidAmerica created these unique resources to expand the enrollment capacity of nursing schools. By developing more qualified clinical nurse educators resulted in a 55 percent increase in enrollment since 2005. The Health Alliance is pleased to now provide these resources to other communities that share a common vision for strengthening the nursing workforce.
The interactive training materials, based on adult learning theory, including nine education modules ranging from pre- and post-conference planning to student evaluations.
- Why are We Here: The Purpose of the Clinical Faculty Academy and the Importance of Curricular Design in Nursing Education
- Developing Clinical Judgement
- Legal Issues in Clinical Education
- Clinical Teaching and Evaluation: The Basics
- Clinical Evaluation Tools
- Conducting Pre-and Post-Clinical Conferences
- Creating a Positive Learning Environment
- Dealing with Challenging and Complex Situations in the Clinical Environment
- Challenges and Opportunities-Academia + Practice Maintaining a Work/Life Balance
"I learned different strategies on how to deal with difficult situations with students. I also got a good understanding of different sources and things I need prior to starting clinical instructing."
"I learned how to navigate through challenges that I will face with students. I also learned about pre/post conference activities to utilize with my students. I learned effective communication skills, as well as support and tools that are available to me to be a successful instructor."
The copyright-protected material may be used to provide orientations for new and existing clinical faculty. A one-time licensing fee applies for unlimited use of Clinical Faculty Academy training materials and includes the following:
- One copy of Clinical Faculty Academy faculty reference manual for participants
- One copy of Clinical Faculty Academy instructor’s guide
- One copy of Clinical Faculty Academy administrator’s guide
- A flash drive with all Word and PDF files for reproducing the faculty reference manual, instructor’s guide, administrator’s guide, logo, binder covers, evaluation form and other sample documents
- A password to a secure website to access future updates to academy training materials
- A full set of companion PowerPoint slides that correspond to each individual session
NURSING PROGRAMS IN REGION OR STATE
|Individual School/Single User
3 – 9
|10 – 19
20 – 29
|30 – 45
46 – 79
Call for pricing